Carrington is a leading aged care provider in the Macarthur area
Full Time – Maternity Relief with view to Permanent
Carrington Community Care is a leading provider of Home Care Packages (HCP) and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services in Sydney’s South West. Carrington aspires to be the aged care providers of choice which enriches and enables the quality of life for all people in our community. We are looking for an individual who is kind and caring, and can respect our consumer’s identity, culture and diversity.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity to join Carrington’s Community Care services working within a team of consumer care managers.
The purpose of the role includes:
1. Provide assessment, care management and service coordination for HCP consumers
2. Work collaboratively with consumers and their representatives to develop individual care plans
3. Promotion of Carrington’s Wellness Program and other key services
4. Monitor individual consumer budgets, expenditure and key performance indicators
5. Provide leadership, support and supervision of support plans with field staff
· Previous Aged Care experience with minimum Certificate Qualification in Aged Care or Community Services
· Conversant with Home Care Packages guidelines and Aged Care Quality Standards
· Experience with consumer management software systems, as well as skills in Microsoft Office
· Commitment to person centred care model of care delivery
· Sound time management skills and well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills
· Show flexibility and creativity in service delivery to maximise consumer budgets to enhance well being
· Experience with staff supervision and coaching
· Readiness for rotating roster of after-hours phone support for consumers and field staff
· Unrestricted drivers licence
· Enrolled Nurse with current registration with AHPRA
· Understanding of CHSP services
· Service promotions and marketing
In return you will receive fantastic benefits including full NFP salary packaging, an additional public holiday each year, and ongoing formal professional development. An offer of employment will be conditional upon a National Criminal History Check clearance specific to vulnerable persons and workplace functional assessment relevant to the role.
For further information please contact Vicki Martins, Executive Manager on 4659 0368.
To apply for this position please address the essential and preferred criteria in a cover letter and forward your resume to [email protected]
Applications Close: Wednesday, 16th October 2019
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs