Carrington is a leading aged care provider in the Macarthur area
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available for a dedicated person to lead our Volunteer Services team. In this role you will assist with promoting and coordinating our existing pastoral care program, including developing and delivering relevant volunteer training and support, as well as the promotion and development of our existing Volunteer program.
Many other interesting projects and initiatives will come with this role, and the ideal person will embrace the challenge and seize opportunities to increase Carrington’s presence in the community.
The key skills you will require for this role include:
· Diploma of Certificate of Ageing and Pastoral Care (or equivalent) or CPE Foundational Unit (Basic Unit), or working towards, and/or two years’ experience in a similar role
· An ability to develop a rapport and interact positively with consumers whilst maintaining boundaries
· Experience with and proven ability to effectively lead, train and support a team of volunteers
· Well-developed communication skills, interpersonal skills and a high level of self-awareness
· Effective time management, organisational skills and ability to work unsupervised
· Aged care industry experience or working with the elderly will be highly regarded
· Well-developed computer skills
All applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine passion for the quality of service to our aged residents.
It is imperative that the person fits within our organisational culture and works well with a variety of stakeholders, demonstrating a teamwork and collaborative approach.
We offer excellent working conditions, full NFP salary packaging benefit, an additional public holiday each year and access to ongoing formal professional development. Offer of employment will be subject to a national criminal check specific to vulnerable persons.
For further information please contact Carmen Karauda on (02) 4659 0418.
Applications must include a current resume and a cover letter addressing your suitability against the position criteria above and outlining how you believe you are suitable for the role.
Please forward to Genevieve Clarke, Human Resources Advisor, [email protected]
Applications close: Tuesday, 23 February 2021
We will not respond to unsolicited emails from recruitment agencies or applications from outside Australia