Website Contempo & Co
An Apprenticeship Opportunity is currently available in our Timber Joinery Workshop.
Our Company is an established Family Owned and Operated Business with over 17 years’ experience specialising in Architectural Fabrication of Furniture, Lighting and Componentry.
We have a broad range of Trades working in our Company to include Metal Spinning (Est. 1946), Metal Fabrication, Timber Machining, Furniture Finishing and Joinery.
Ideally, we are looking for Applicants who have studied or are currently studying the Industrial Technology – Timber subject and has a keen interest to pursue a Trade career in this area.
The successful applicant would receive on-the-job training in addition to completing a Certificate III in Cabinet Making (Furniture) at TAFE.
The role would include the following:
- Make measurements and calculate
- Select and apply hardware
- Assemble furniture components
- CNC Wood Machining
- Ability to interpret Architectural Drawings
- Ability to calculate material and cutting lists
- Construct Jigs and Fixtures
- Operation of Panel Saw & Thicknesser
- Apply surface coatings with a Spray gun
The applicant must have:
- basic maths skills
- a keen interest in Joinery and Furniture Making
- hold strong communication skills
- be self-motivated and reliable
- work well in a team environment
- have a positive attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Our Factory is located at Minto, South Western Sydney, within walking distance to Minto Railway Station.
To apply, please submit your Resume with a Covering Letter to: [email protected]