Website St Patrick's College for Girls
Empowering Young Women since 1840
SEEKING TWO BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBERS for Not for Profit Organisation within an Educational Setting
Make a Difference to Girl’s Education
The College is seeking two energetic professional individuals who are passionate about girl’s education and are looking for two Board Committee Members, specifically for the Governance and Nominations Committee AND Building and Resources Committee who have experience in any of the following areas:
• Business Development
• Project Management
• Town Planning/Construction
• Risk Management
• Strategy (Strategic / Succession Planning / Impact Evaluation
The ideal candidate will possess a successful track record in these areas, preferably in senior strategic and/or governance positions. The Board Committee Member’s responsibilities include advising and making recommendations to the College’s governance practices, and various related responsibilities. Above all we are seeking someone who is genuinely interested in making a positive contribution to a respected and well-known College community by utilising their professional experience and expertise to assist in mapping the future direction of the College.
This is a voluntary position and there is no salary or remuneration, expenses incurred will be reimbursed. The expected commitment is ideally for a minimum of 2 years, approximately 2 hours per board committee meeting. Board Meetings occur twice per School Term and can be attended to face to face or via teleconference. There is additional commitment to an annual Strategy Planning day/weekend.
1. Understanding of the culture of our organisation.
2. Interest in girl’s education
3. Be able to effectively contribute to the co-operative operation of an existing committee
4. Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience and expertise gained through a career in either operations, law, finance, building/construction, operations, risk Management, strategy (strategic / succession planning / impact evaluation, Government or commercial management, project management
5. Candidates should possess sound business or corporate governance knowledge, together with excellent communication, negotiation, problem solving and strategic planning abilities