Website The Mac - The Macarthur Credit Union
The Mac is a dynamic small mutual financial institution that operates predominantly in the South Western Sydney growth corridor. Our philosophy remains as it was at our inception in 1971. We build trusted long-term relationships, we have competitive, transparent products and have supported the local community for over 50 years. Through fostering these long-term relationships with members, staff and suppliers, we aim to continue to provide products and services that are relevant and meet our needs and those of our members.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for day to day accounting tasks of the Credit Union. Working closely with the Financial Accountant to ensure transactions are accounted for correctly, reconciled and reported, and are in line with statutory and organisational obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of investment portfolio and liquidity reporting
- Daily statement journal processing & bank reconciliation
- Management of the accounts payable function
- Assistance in month end processes and reconciliations
- Fixed asset register
- Assistance with a variety of returns (incl. BAS, IAS, FBT & APRA reporting)
- Various reporting and administration activities supporting the finance team
- Problem solving support and other organisational financial queries
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with at least 2 years experience in a similar role. This is a busy role with competing priorities and deadlines, therefore the ability to prioritise your day, multitask and work under pressure is essential.
For more information visit https://themaccu.com.au/about-us/working-with-the-mac/
To apply, please email your Resume to the Finance Manager [email protected]
Applications close Wednesday 13th October