Website Apprenticeship Careers Australia
Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is greatly known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support Australians through vocational education pathways.
Here at ACA we are currently looking for outstanding candidates to launch their career into a Traineeship as a Disability Support Worker within Disability Day Programs .
If you want to gain a qualification and at the same time get great work experience, paid a wage and have a work life balance, look no further!
As an integral member of the team, reliability and excellent communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of the clients.
· Someone that wants to make a difference in the life of an individual requiring support
· Able to use initiative
· Someone who likes to work with other people in a team
· Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
· Reliable, honest and trustworthy
· Motivated and eager to learn
· Someone who likes organising things
As an Disability Support Trainee, you’ll be surrounded by an awesome crew to support you and become part of a large trainee community, plus get your practical experience working with one of our partner companies. Whilst gaining valuable work experience, you will be required to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability.
Training will be completed on the job
Some Duties May Include:
· Implementing programs to support clients to develop skills and attributes
· Facilitate outings and other social activities
· Performing household tasks such as menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning etc
· Providing companionship and support during daily activities
· Helping people to develop and maintain independence and safety in personal care
· Provide physical assistance
· Work as part of a great team
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
· Current Working with Children Check
· Current Driver’s Licence (Min P2 Licence) and have access to a vehicle
· The ability to obtain a Light Rigid License within 3 months of commencing employment
· Willing to undertake a National Police Check
· Fluent in both verbal and written English
· Must have Covid Vaccination (documentation must be presented)
· Willing to commit to completing a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
What We Offer:
· Position: Support Worker (Study towards a Certificate 3 – Individual Support)
· Hours/Days: Monday – Friday (Approx. 6.5hours a day)
· Pay Rate: Above Award wages
· Location: Campbelltown/Liverpool
This opportunity is open to all ages, so what are you waiting for!
If this sounds like you, apply now with your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the person we need.
Email: [email protected]